Skype Call Counselling
What is it?
An alternative to face to face sessions is Skype call counselling. This can be a great way to still get the benefits of counselling support when you might not otherwise be able to access our practice location. Skype calling is especially great as we are able to see each other as well as listen to each other in real time. I offer Skype counselling for anyone around the world (provided you can speak and understand fluent english).
Online Counselling is ideal for you if you-
- live too far away from Menai
- are an Australian student living overseas of a young adult working overseas
- are unable to travel due to physical restrictions
- have a busy work schedule
- or you simply just prefer to get counselling from the comfort of your home
How does it work?
All you need is a quiet, uninterrupted space where you can participate in the counselling session. Sessions are pre-booked and pre-paid and usually run for an hour. Of course, you will need to install and create a Skype account if you do not already have one. You can do this by clicking the green button below.
You will receive the same high quality, professional service we offer in our consulting rooms. Your session is completely confidential and we are bound by professional codes of conduct.
Conditions not suited to Skype Counselling-
Unfortunately our Skype Counselling Service is not for every situation. Our service is likely not suited for you if you are:
- experiencing severe depression
- are at risk of suicide
- are experiencing domestic violence
- are heavily dependent on drugs or alcohol
- have severe eating disorders
If you feel at risk of suicide you should call Lifeline on 13 11 14 or go to https://www.lifeline.org.au/get-help/online-services/crisis-chat